A compromised skin barrier can lead to dryness and itching—and aggravate skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. A moisturizing cream can help reinforce the skin barrier with hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, or a ceramide cream that replenishes essential skin barrier components.
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream acts as both by effectively hydrating as it helps restore the skin’s protective barrier. Developed with dermatologists and ideal for dry and very dry skin on the face and body, this rich, non-greasy, fast-absorbing moisturizing cream features patented MVE Delivery Technology to release a steady stream of hyaluronic acid and three essential ceramides throughout the day and night. Suitable for sensitive skin, this oil-free and fragrance-free ceramide cream also helps the skin hold on to moisture while improving its look and feel.
- Suitable for dry and very dry skin on the face and body
- MVE Technology: This patented delivery system continually releases moisturizing ingredients for 24-hour hydration
- Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
- Non-comedogenic, oil-free, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and suitable for sensitive skin
- Developed with dermatologists
- Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum
- HOW TO USE
- ply liberally as often as needed, or as directed by a physician.
Ceramides make up 50% of the skin barrier
Ceramides are lipids that help form the skin’s barrier and help skin retain moisture. Ceramides also help the skin protect against environmental aggressors like irritants, and pollution. Without the proper ratio of ceramides, the skin’s barrier can become compromised, leading to dryness, itching and irritation.
Ceramides help restore the skin’s barrier
Although ceramides are produced naturally by the skin, they maybe be depleted by exposure to hot water, soaps, certain chemicals and other environmental factors. Replenishing the skin with skincare that is formulated with ceramides helps restore the skin’s barrier, which may then increase the skin’s moisture levels.